Bill Passed: To amend title 38, United States Code, to provide outer burial receptacles for remains buried in National Parks, and for other purposes.
This bill passed the Senate May 24, 2018 the House on May 07, 2018. It was originally sponsored by (R) Representative Austin Scott from GA.
Summary: Veterans Cemetery Benefit Correction Act This bill requires the Department of the Interior to provide outer burial receptacles for veterans remains buried in open cemeteries under National Park Service control. The use of outer burial receptacles in such cemeteries shall be in accordance with regulations or procedures approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs or the Department of the Army.
This bill mainly relates to these subjects; Armed Forces and National Security.
- (D) Rep. Sanford D. Bishop Jr. from GA
- (R) Rep. Walter B. Jones from NC
- (R) Rep. Michael R. Turner from OH
- (R) Rep. Paul Cook from CA
- (R) Rep. Neal Dunn from FL
- (R) Rep. Scott DesJarlais from TN
- (R) Rep. Karen Handel from GA
- (R) Rep. William M. Thornberry from TX
- (R) Rep. Marsha Blackburn from TN
- (R) Rep. A. Drew Ferguson from GA
- (R) Rep. Steve Scalise from LA