The National Weather Service (NWS) issued a flood warning for Refugio, TX; Victoria, TX; Calhoun, TX starting on 9/16/2018 6:35:00 AM. This event has already been observed and the event is categorized as ‘severe.’
The best action to take according to The National Weather Service is to avoid the area. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS:
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio, local TV and radio stations, or cable TV outlets, for the latest weather information, as additional rainfall could affect crest forecasts.
For the latest river stages and forecasts visit our AHPS page at: https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=crp
Here is the full alert from NWS
Guadalupe River near Bloomington affecting Calhoun Refugio and Victoria Counties
.Recent or anticipated rainfall over the area will keep the aforementioned river above flood stage today. The river forecast is based on forecast rainfall over the area, and is subject to change with rainfall forecasts. The Flood Warning continues for the Guadalupe River near Bloomington.
- until Sunday afternoon, or until the warning is cancelled.
- At 8 AM Sunday, the stage was 20.7 feet.
- Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
- Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
- Forecast: The river will fall below flood stage late this afternoon.
- At 20.0 feet, minor lowland flooding occurs, with the flow reaching
the right flood plain near the Invista Plant near Bloomington.
Downstream above Highway 35, the flow escapes into the left flood
plain cutting off the lowest homes.