Aaron’s, Inc. (NYSE:AAN)
September 21st, 2018
Aaron’s, Inc. closed Friday up 4.45%, a $2.36 increase to close on $55.45. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $55.64. In addition to finishing higher, trading volumes were solid at 497% of normal which can indicate investors see opportunities. Be aware that the Piotroski Score1 is calculated to be 0, which is very low as the scale goes from 0-9. This is considered to be a weak score in terms of financial strength.
AAN outperformed the rest of the Consumer Discretionary sector which went down 0.28% today.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Telecommunication Services saw the biggest increase of the day (0.98%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (0.36%). Consumer Discretionary has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 19%. The biggest loss this year has been the Telecommunication Services sector declining 4.34%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.53%, as it went up 0.39%. Financials and Consumer Discretionary experienced turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Financials with a drop of 0.36%.
- Telecommunication Services went up with a 0.98% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.72% change.
- Utilities went up with a 0.39% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.31% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.26% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.19% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -0.13% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.23% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -0.28% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -0.34% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.36% change.
Aaron’s, Inc. is based in Atlanta, United States of America. was founded in 1955.
Aaron’s, Inc. Info
Aaron’s, Inc. operates as an omnichannel provider of lease-purchase solutions. It operates through three segments: Progressive Leasing, Aaron’s Business, and DAMI. The company engages in the sale, lease ownership, and specialty retailing of furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories. As of February 15, 2018, it operated approximately 1,726 company-operated and franchised stores in 47 states and Canada, as well as its e-commerce platform, Aarons.com. Aaron’s, Inc. was founded in 1955 and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Aaron’s, Inc.’s score is ), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.