Altimmune Inc (NYSE:ALT)
September 28th, 2018
Altimmune Inc fell $4.38 Friday, down 49.89%, closing at $4.40. While the stock did drop today, remember that it is still trading at 1,660% of its 52 week low of $0.25. Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 1,230% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities. Be aware that the Piotroski Score1 is calculated to be 2, which is very low as the scale goes from 0-9. This is considered to be a weak score in terms of financial strength.
ALT was outperformed by the rest of the Healthcare sector which went up 0.33%.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (1.51%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (1.06%). Consumer Discretionary has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 20%. The biggest loss this year has been the Consumer Staples sector declining 5.74%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.80%, as it went up 1.51%. Communication Services and Energy experienced turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Communication Services with a drop of 0.39%.
- Utilities went up with a 1.51% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 1.31% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.43% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.33% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.22% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.05% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -0.13% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.26% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.39% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.68% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.06% change.
Altimmune Inc Info
As of May 4, 2017, PharmAthene, Inc. was acquired by Altimmune, Inc. in a reverse merger transaction. PharmAthene, Inc., a biodefense company, develops and commercializes medical countermeasures against biological and chemical threats in the United States. The company focuses on developing lyophilized anthrax vaccine based on its proprietary technology platform. It serves National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority. PharmAthene, Inc. is headquartered in Annapolis, Maryland.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Altimmune Inc’s score is ), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.