Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:ACUR)
October 6th, 2018
Amidst falling markets Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc. closed Thursday up 7.69%, a $0.02 increase to close on $0.28. The stock continues to trade well at 180% of its 52 week low of $0.10. While it is positive news the stock ended higher, the trading volumes were only 33% of normal which could be an indication of investor uncertainty. Be aware that the Piotroski Score1 is calculated to be 2, which is very low as the scale goes from 0-9. This is considered to be a weak score in terms of financial strength.
ACUR outperformed the rest of the Healthcare sector which went down 0.09% today.
The market sectors were mixed Saturday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (1.57%), while Information Technology saw the biggest drop (1.27%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 17%. The biggest loss this year has been the Consumer Staples sector dropping 6.38%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 1.86%, as it went up 1.57%. Industrials and Financials saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Industrials with a drop of 0.49%.
- Utilities went up with a 1.57% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -0.02% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.04% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.09% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.17% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.42% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.49% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -0.78% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.81% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -1.04% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -1.27% change.
Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Info
Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, engages in the research, development, and commercialization of technologies and products to address medication abuse and misuse. It offers Oxaydo tablets, a Schedule II narcotic indicated for the management of acute and chronic moderate to severe pain; and Nexafed products, which are pseudoephedrine and acetaminophen tablets that are used as nasal decongestants in various non-prescription and prescription cold, sinus, and allergy products. The company has six additional opioid products in various stages of formulation development. Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc. has collaboration and license agreements with Egalet US, Inc.; and Egalet Ltd. to manufacture and commercialize Oxaydo products worldwide. The company was founded in 1935 and is based in Palatine, Illinois.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s score is ), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.