Altimmune Inc (NYSE:ALT)
October 16th, 2018
Amidst rising markets Altimmune Inc rose $0.80 Tuesday, up 20.78%, closing at $4.65. Altimmune Inc swung 28.57% between high and low. In addition to finishing higher, trading volumes were solid at 319% of normal which can indicate investors see opportunities. Be aware that the Piotroski Score1 is calculated to be 2, which is very low as the scale goes from 0-9. This is considered to be a weak score in terms of financial strength.
ALT outperformed the rest of the Healthcare sector which went up 2.90% today.
Tuesday saw a swing up in all sectors of the market with Information Technology leading the pack with a 3.02% increase. Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 11%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector dropping 11%.
Information Technology saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -4.27%, as it went up 3.02%.
- Information Technology went up with a 3.02% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 2.90% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 2.34% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 2.22% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 1.91% change.
- Materials went up with a 1.81% change.
- Industrials went up with a 1.66% change.
- Financials went up with a 1.60% change.
- Utilities went up with a 1.16% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 1.05% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.87% change.
Altimmune Inc Info
As of May 4, 2017, PharmAthene, Inc. was acquired by Altimmune, Inc. in a reverse merger transaction. PharmAthene, Inc., a biodefense company, develops and commercializes medical countermeasures against biological and chemical threats in the United States. The company focuses on developing lyophilized anthrax vaccine based on its proprietary technology platform. It serves National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority. PharmAthene, Inc. is headquartered in Annapolis, Maryland.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Altimmune Inc’s score is ), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.