Aberdeen Japan Equity Fund Inc (JEQ)
October 22nd, 2018
Aberdeen Japan Equity Fund Inc finished Monday’s trading session down 1.54%, a $0.12 decrease to close on $7.67. Sadly, in addition to dropping JEQ ended up closing the day at a new 52 week low.As well as the drop in value, Aberdeen Japan Equity Fund Inc hit a new 52 week low of $7.67, breaking the previous low of $7.70 from earlier this month. In addition to the stock finishing lower, the trading volumes were only 20% of normal which could be an indication of investor uncertainty.
The market sectors were mixed Monday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Information Technology saw the biggest increase of the day (0.81%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (2.06%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 12%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector declining 13%.
Consumer Discretionary saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.04%, as it went up 0.48%. Real Estate and Healthcare saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Real Estate with a drop of 1.42%.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.81% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.48% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.04% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.37% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.68% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.77% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.81% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.92% change.
- Energy went down with a -1.10% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -1.42% change.
- Financials went down with a -2.06% change.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.