Rambus Inc. (Nasdaq:RMBS)
October 24th, 2018
Amidst falling markets Rambus Inc. finished Wednesday’s trading session down 6.73%, a $0.61 decrease to close on $8.46. As well as the drop in value, Rambus Inc. hit a new 52 week low of $8.45, breaking the previous low of $8.75 from earlier this month. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.41.
RMBS was outperformed by the rest of the Information Technology sector which went down only 4.43%.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (2.30%), while Communication Services saw the biggest drop (4.88%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 6.58%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector falling 17%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 2.75%, as it went up 2.30%. Communication Services and Information Technology saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Communication Services with a drop of 4.88%.
- Utilities went up with a 2.30% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 1.13% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.49% change.
- Financials went down with a -2.69% change.
- Materials went down with a -3.15% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -3.29% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -3.31% change.
- Industrials went down with a -3.43% change.
- Energy went down with a -3.79% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -4.43% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -4.88% change.
Rambus is based in Sunnyvale, United States of America. It was founded by Mike Farmwald in 1990.
Rambus Inc. Info
Rambus Inc. provides semiconductor products in South Korea and internationally. The company operates through Memory and Interfaces, Security, and Other segments. It focuses on the design, development, and manufacturing through partnerships and licensing of technology and solutions related to memory and interfaces; and design, development, deployment, and licensing of technologies for chip, system and in-field application security, anti-counterfeiting, smart ticketing, and mobile payments. The company also focuses on the research and development in the area of emerging technologies; and design, development, and licensing of technologies for advanced LED-based lighting solutions, as well as providing a range of services, including know-how and technology transfer, product design and development, system integration, and other services. Its products are integrated into a range of devices and systems, powering, and securing diverse applications, including big data, Internet of things security, mobile, mobile payments, and smart ticketing. Rambus Inc. was founded in 1990 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Rambus Inc.’s score is 1.41) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.