American Airlines Group Inc (Nasdaq:AAL)
October 25th, 2018
Amidst falling markets American Airlines Group Inc finished Wednesday’s trading session down 6.30%, a $2.04 decrease to close on $30.34. As well as the drop in value, American Airlines Group Inc hit a new 52 week low of $30.24, breaking the previous low of $30.60 from earlier this month. In addition to the stock finishing lower, the trading volumes were only 0.00% of normal which could be an indication of investor uncertainty. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.16.
AAL was outperformed by the rest of the Industrials sector which went down only 3.43%.
American Airlines Group Inc is listed on the S&P 500 index, and was one of 416 stocks that dropped today. Weighted by market cap, AAL represents about 0.05% of the S&P 500.
American Airlines Group Inc is listed on NASDAQ 100, and was one of 107 stocks that fell today. Weighted by market cap, AAL represents about 0.05% of NASDAQ 100.
Forecasts from 16 analysts points to the possibility that American Airlines Group Inc might rise significantly (58%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $39.64.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (2.30%), while Communication Services saw the biggest drop (4.88%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 6.58%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector dropping 17%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 2.75%, as it went up 2.30%. Communication Services and Information Technology both saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Communication Services with a drop of 4.88%.
- Utilities went up with a 2.30% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 1.13% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.49% change.
- Financials went down with a -2.69% change.
- Materials went down with a -3.15% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -3.29% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -3.31% change.
- Industrials went down with a -3.43% change.
- Energy went down with a -3.79% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -4.43% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -4.88% change.
American Airlines Group is based in Fort Worth, United States of America.
American Airlines Group Inc Info
American Airlines Group Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a network air carrier. It provides scheduled air transportation services for passengers and cargo. As of December 31, 2017, the company operated a mainline fleet of 948 aircraft. It serves 350 destinations in approximately 50 countries, principally from its hubs in Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, and Phoenix, as well as in Washington, D.C. The company was formerly known as AMR Corporation and changed its name to American Airlines Group Inc. in December 2013. American Airlines Group Inc. was founded in 1934 and is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that American Airlines Group Inc’s score is 1.16) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.