OMNOVA Solutions Inc. (NYSE:OMN)
October 29th, 2018
Amidst falling markets OMNOVA Solutions Inc. finished Monday’s trading session down 2.58%, a $0.20 decrease to close on $7.55. As well as the drop in value, OMNOVA Solutions Inc. hit a new 52 week low of $7.47. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.80.
OMN was outperformed by the rest of the Materials sector which went down only 0.28%.
Expectations from 4 analysts suggest that OMNOVA Solutions Inc. could increase significantly (63%), while Finbox has calculated (with high uncertainty) a fair value price of $12.55.
The market sectors were mixed Monday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Real Estate saw the biggest increase of the day (1.56%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (1.88%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 6.11%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector falling 16%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -0.13%, as it went up 1.35%. Energy and Information Technology both saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Energy with a drop of 1.88%.
- Real Estate went up with a 1.56% change.
- Utilities went up with a 1.35% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 1.07% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.86% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.18% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.28% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -1.53% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -1.61% change.
- Industrials went down with a -1.68% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -1.81% change.
- Energy went down with a -1.88% change.
OMNOVA Solutions Inc. Info
OMNOVA Solutions Inc. provides emulsion polymers, specialty chemicals, and engineered surfaces for various commercial, industrial, and residential end uses in the United States, Europe, and Asia. The company operates in two segments, Specialty Solutions and Performance Materials. The Specialty Solutions segment designs, develops, produces, and markets specialty polymers which are used in various applications, such as architectural and industrial coatings; nonwovens used in hygiene products, filtration, and construction; drilling additives for oil and gas drilling, cementing, and fracking; elastomeric modification of plastic casings and hoses used in household, industrial products, and automobiles; tapes and adhesives; sports surfaces; textile finishes; commercial building refurbishment; new construction; residential cabinets; flooring; ceiling tiles; furnishings; manufactured housing; health care patient; common area furniture; and various industrial films applications. This segment primarily sells its products directly to manufacturers. The Performance Chemicals segment produces resins, binders, antioxidants, hollow plastic pigments, coated fabrics, and rubber reinforcing products which are used in tire cord, polymer stabilization, industrial rubber, carpet, paper, and various other applications. This segment distributes its products primarily through a direct sales force and agents to manufacturers of retail store fixtures, cabinets, furniture, seating, health care components, and other products. OMNOVA Solutions Inc. was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Beachwood, Ohio.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that OMNOVA Solutions Inc.’s score is 1.80) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.