DOW Leads The Way, Up 0.69%
Markets were up today with all three major indices finishing the day higher. DOW saw the strongest performance with an increase of 175.52 points (0.69%) to 25637.22, while NASDAQ and S&P 500 Index went up 0.62% and 0.33% respectively.
Tuesday saw a swing up in all sectors of the market with Materials charging ahead with a 1.25% increase. Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 8.95%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector falling 11%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -0.52%, as it went up 0.56%.
- Materials went up with a 1.25% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.93% change.
- Utilities went up with a 0.56% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.36% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.34% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.32% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.32% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.24% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.20% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.10% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.03% change.
Stocks that hit their 52 week high today
- The Coca-Cola Co (KO) ended the day at $49.01
- Mcdonald’s Corp (MCD) ended the day at $182.72
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US News Tribune. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site.