GEE Group Inc (NYSE:JOB)
November 16th, 2018
GEE Group Inc finished Friday’s trading session down 5.69%, a $0.12 decrease to close on $1.99. As well as the drop in value, GEE Group Inc hit a new 52 week low of $1.90. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.26.
JOB was outperformed by the rest of the Industrials sector which went down just 0.03%.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Real Estate saw the biggest increase of the day (1.36%), while Consumer Discretionary saw the biggest drop (0.54%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 10%. The biggest loss this year has been the Communication Services sector declining 11%.
Real Estate saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -0.39%, as it went up 1.36%.
- Real Estate went up with a 1.36% change.
- Utilities went up with a 1.31% change.
- Energy went up with a 1.10% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.95% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.94% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.22% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.10% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.03% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -0.11% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.39% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -0.54% change.
GEE Group Inc Info
GEE Group, Inc. provides permanent and temporary professional, industrial, and physician assistant staffing and placement services in the United States. The company offers professional placement services comprising placement of information technology, engineering, medical, and accounting professionals on regular placement basis or a temporary contract basis; and weekly temporary staffing services for light industrial clients. The company provides medical data entry assistants, who offer electronic medical record services for emergency departments, specialty physician practices, and clinics. It offers professional and commercial staffing services under the names of Access Data Consulting, Agile Resources, Ashley Ellis, General Employment, Omni-One, Paladin Consulting, and Triad; medical staffing services under the Scribe Solutions brand; and contract and direct hire professional staffing services under the Accounting Now, SNI Technology, Legal Now, SNI Financial, Staffing Now, SNI Energy, and SNI Certes brands. The company was formerly known as General Employment Enterprises, Inc. and changed its name to GEE Group, Inc. in July 2016. GEE Group, Inc. was founded in 1893 and is headquartered in Naperville, Illinois. GEE Group, Inc. is a subsidiary of LEED HR, LLC.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that GEE Group Inc’s score is 1.26) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.