Telenav Inc (Nasdaq:TNAV)
November 28th, 2018
Amidst rising markets Telenav Inc fell $0.11 Wednesday, down 2.63%, closing at $4.08. As well as the drop in value, Telenav Inc hit a new 52 week low of $3.95, breaking the previous low of $4.08 from earlier this month. Two technical ‘scores’ for companies to be wary of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. TNAV scored quite low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is -0.31, and the Piotroski Score is 2). Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 228% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities.
TNAV was outperformed by the rest of the Information Technology sector which went up 3.44%.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Information Technology saw the biggest increase of the day (3.44%), while Utilities saw the biggest drop (0.12%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector declining 11%.
Information Technology saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 5.76%, as it went up 3.44%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of -0.08% trading down 0.12%.
- Information Technology went up with a 3.44% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 3.23% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 2.46% change.
- Industrials went up with a 2.40% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 2.13% change.
- Financials went up with a 1.82% change.
- Energy went up with a 1.74% change.
- Materials went up with a 1.48% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.99% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.87% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.12% change.
TeleNav is based in Sunnyvale, United States of America. TeleNav was founded in 1999.
Telenav Inc Info
Telenav, Inc., together with its subsidiaries provides connected car and location-based platform services in the United States and internationally. The company operates through three segments: Automotive, Advertising, and Mobile Navigation. It offers automotive navigation services, including on-board solutions, which consist of software, map, and points of interest data loaded in vehicles that provide voice-guided turn by turn navigation displayed on the vehicle screen; and mobile phone-based wireless connectivity and brought-in navigation services. The company also provides display and location-based advertising services; and voice-guided, real-time, turn by turn, and mobile navigation services under various brand names, including Scout GPS Navigation, as well as under wireless carrier brands. Its customers include wireless carriers, automobile manufacturers, original equipment manufacturers, advertisers, advertising agencies, and end users. The company distributes its services primarily through wireless carrier partners. Telenav, Inc. is headquartered in Santa Clara, California.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Telenav Inc’s score is -0.31) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Telenav Inc’s score is 2), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.