Antero Resources Corp (NYSE:AR)
December 6th, 2018
Antero Resources Corp closed the day up $0.10 Thursday, up 0.79%, closing at $12.78. Despite ending the day higher, Antero Resources Corp hit a new 52 week low of $12.11, breaking the previous low of $12.65 from earlier this month. Antero Resources Corp bounced 6.44% between high and low. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.76.
AR outperformed the rest of the Energy sector which went down 1.77% today.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Real Estate saw the biggest increase of the day (2.66%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (1.77%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13%. The biggest loss this year has been the Communication Services sector declining 13%.
Communication Services saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -0.23%, as it went up 1.04%. Energy and Materials experienced turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Energy with a drop of 1.77%.
- Real Estate went up with a 2.66% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 1.04% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.61% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.23% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.10% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.10% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.31% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.55% change.
- Materials went down with a -1.36% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.44% change.
- Energy went down with a -1.77% change.
Antero Resources is based in Denver. Antero Resources was founded in 2002.
Antero Resources Corp Info
Antero Resources Corporation, an independent oil and natural gas company, acquires, explores, produces, and develops natural gas, natural gas liquids, and oil properties in the United States. As of December 31, 2017 had approximately 484,000 net acres in the southwestern core of the Marcellus Shale; approximately 137,000 net acres in the core of the Utica Shale; and approximately 214,000 net acres of Marcellus Shale leasehold. It also owned and operated 242 miles of gas gathering pipelines in the Marcellus Shale; and 123 miles of low-pressure, high-pressure, and condensate gathering pipelines in the Utica Shale; and 8 miles of high-pressure pipelines, as well as one compressor station. The company was formerly known as Antero Resources Appalachian Corporation and changed its name to Antero Resources Corporation in June 2013. Antero Resources Corporation was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Antero Resources Corp’s score is 0.76) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.