Adamas Pharmaceuticals Inc (Nasdaq:ADMS)
December 6th, 2018
Adamas Pharmaceuticals Inc fell $0.13 Thursday, down 1.28%, closing at $10.01. As well as the drop in value, Adamas Pharmaceuticals Inc hit a new 52 week low of $9.03. Adamas Pharmaceuticals Inc bounced 11.52% between low and high. Two technical ‘scores’ for companies to be aware of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. ADMS scored quite low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is -1.47, and the Piotroski Score is 2).
ADMS was outperformed by the rest of the Healthcare sector which went down just 0.31%.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Real Estate saw the biggest increase of the day (2.67%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (1.77%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13%. The biggest loss this year has been the Communication Services sector declining 13%.
Communication Services saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -0.23%, as it went up 1.04%. Energy and Materials saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Energy with a drop of 1.77%.
- Real Estate went up with a 2.67% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 1.04% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.61% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.23% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.09% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.10% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.31% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.55% change.
- Materials went down with a -1.38% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.44% change.
- Energy went down with a -1.77% change.
Adamas Pharmaceuticals Inc Info
Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc. discovers, develops, and sells therapies for chronic neurologic disorders. The company’s approved/commercial product is GOCOVRI, an amantadine therapy for the treatment of levodopa-induced dyskinesia in patients with Parkinson’s disease. Its partnered approved/commercial products include Namzaric (memantine hydrochloride extended-release and donepezil hydrochloride) capsules; and Namenda XR (memantine hydrochloride) extended release capsules for the treatment of moderate to severe Alzheimer’s disease. The company’s product candidates under development includes ADS-5102, which is in Phase III clinical trials for the treatment of multiple sclerosis walking impairment; and in Phase II clinical trials for additional indications, such as the treatment of wearing OFF and delaying motor complications in Parkinson’s disease, tardive dyskinesia, Huntington’s chorea, and Tourette syndrome, as well as non-motor disorders consisting of depression, and anti-psychotic induced weight gain. Its products under development also includes ADS-4101, a modified-release lacosamide that has completed Phase I clinical study for the treatment of partial onset seizures in patients with epilepsy. The company was formerly known as NeuroMolecular Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and changed its name to Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in July 2007. Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Emeryville, California.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Adamas Pharmaceuticals Inc’s score is -1.47) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Adamas Pharmaceuticals Inc’s score is 2), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.