Belden Inc. (NYSE:BDC)
December 6th, 2018
Belden Inc. finished Thursday’s trading session down 3.09%, a $1.56 decrease to close on $48.96. As well as the drop in value, Belden Inc. hit a new 52 week low of $47.61, breaking the previous low of $50.06 from earlier this month. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.73.
BDC was outperformed by the rest of the Information Technology sector which went up 0.23%.
Results from 8 analysts suggest that Belden Inc. might increase significantly (37%), while Finbox has calculated (with low uncertainty) a fair value price of $76.04.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Real Estate saw the biggest increase of the day (2.66%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (1.77%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13%. The biggest loss this year has been the Communication Services sector declining 13%.
Communication Services saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -0.23%, as it went up 1.04%. Energy and Materials saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Energy with a drop of 1.77%.
- Real Estate went up with a 2.66% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 1.04% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.61% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.23% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.10% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.10% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.31% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.55% change.
- Materials went down with a -1.36% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.44% change.
- Energy went down with a -1.77% change.
Belden Inc. Info
Belden Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets signal transmission solutions worldwide. It operates through Broadcast Solutions, Enterprise Solutions, Industrial Solutions, and Network Solutions segments. The Broadcast Solutions segment offers camera solutions, production switchers, server and storage systems for instant replay applications, interfaces and routers, monitoring systems, in-home network systems, playout systems, outside plant connectivity products, and other cable, and connectivity products. The Enterprise Solutions segment provides copper cable and connectivity solutions, fiber cable and connectivity solutions, and racks and enclosures; and power, cooling, and airflow management products for mission-critical data center operations. The Industrial Solutions segment offers infrastructure components and on-machine connectivity systems, including industrial and input/output (I/O) connectors, industrial cables, IP and networking cables, I/O modules, distribution boxes, ruggedized controls and sensors, customer specific wiring solutions, and controllers and sensors for use in industrial automation applications. The Network Solutions provides foundational controls for protecting enterprises against cyberattacks, automating IT regulatory compliance and improving operational efficiency; and software and services that protect against cyberattacks and data breaches with integrated security controls that discover assets, harden configurations, identify vulnerabilities and detect threats. It sells its products to distributors, end-users, installers, and original equipment manufacturers. The company was formerly known as Belden CDT Inc. and changed its name to Belden Inc. in May 2007. Belden Inc. was founded in 1902 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Belden Inc.’s score is 1.73) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.