Aceto Corporation (Nasdaq:ACET)
December 6th, 2018
Aceto Corporation fell $0.03 Thursday which equals a 1.96% decline, closing at $1.50. As well as the drop in value, Aceto Corporation hit a new 52 week low of $1.45, breaking the previous low of $1.50 from earlier this month. Two technical ‘scores’ for stocks to be wary of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. ACET scored rather low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is -0.06, and the Piotroski Score is 2).
ACET was outperformed by the rest of the Healthcare sector which went down just 0.31%.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Real Estate saw the biggest increase of the day (2.67%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (1.77%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13%. The biggest loss this year has been the Communication Services sector falling 13%.
Communication Services saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -0.23%, as it went up 1.04%. Energy and Materials saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Energy with a drop of 1.77%.
- Real Estate went up with a 2.67% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 1.04% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.61% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.23% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.09% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.10% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.31% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.55% change.
- Materials went down with a -1.38% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.44% change.
- Energy went down with a -1.77% change.
Aceto Corporation Info
Aceto Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, sources, markets, sells, and distributes finished dosage form generics, nutraceutical products, pharmaceutical intermediates and active ingredients, agricultural protection products, and specialty chemicals. The company operates in three segments: Human Health, Pharmaceutical Ingredients, and Performance Chemicals. The Human Health segment supplies raw materials used in the production of nutritional and packaged dietary supplements, including vitamins, amino acids, iron compounds, and bio chemicals used in pharmaceutical and nutritional preparations. This segment is also involved in developing and marketing generic pharmaceutical products. It sells its generic prescription and over the counter pharmaceutical products to wholesalers, chain drug stores, distributors, and mass market merchandisers. The Pharmaceutical Ingredients segment offers active pharmaceutical ingredients and pharmaceutical intermediates to various generic drug companies. The Performance Chemicals segment provides specialty chemicals for use in the manufacture of plastics, surface coatings, cosmetics and personal care products, textiles, and fuels and lubricants, as well as for food, flavor, paper, and film industries; dye and pigment intermediates used in the color-producing industries; and organic intermediates used in the production of agrochemicals. Its raw materials are also used in electronic parts for photo tooling, circuit boards, and production of computer chips. This segment also offers agricultural protection products comprising herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides, which control weed growth and the spread of insects and microorganisms; and sprout inhibitors for potatoes. The company serves various companies in the industrial chemical, agricultural, and human health and pharmaceutical industries primarily in the United States, Europe, and Asia. Aceto Corporation was founded in 1947 and is headquartered in Port Washington, New York.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Aceto Corporation’s score is -0.06) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Aceto Corporation’s score is 2), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.