ACCO Brands Corporation (NYSE:ACCO)
December 7th, 2018
Amidst falling markets ACCO Brands Corporation finished Friday’s trading session down 3.22%, a $0.24 decrease to close on $7.22. As well as the drop in value, ACCO Brands Corporation hit a new 52 week low of $7.19, breaking the previous low of $7.35 from earlier this month. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.81.
ACCO was outperformed by the rest of the Industrials sector which went down just 2.62%.
Analysis results from 5 analysts suggest that ACCO Brands Corporation could go up significantly (77%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $11.72.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (0.40%), while Information Technology saw the biggest drop (3.53%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 12%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector falling 12%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 2.33%, as it went up 0.40%. Real Estate saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 2.84% trading down 1.44%.
- Utilities went up with a 0.40% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.65% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -1.29% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -1.44% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.84% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -2.09% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.52% change.
- Materials went down with a -2.53% change.
- Industrials went down with a -2.62% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -3.08% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -3.53% change.
ACCO Brands is based in Lake Zurich. ACCO Brands was founded in 1903.
ACCO Brands Corporation Info
ACCO Brands Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets, consumer and business products. It operates through three segments: ACCO Brands North America, ACCO Brands EMEA, and ACCO Brands International. The company offers school notebooks, calendars, and whiteboards; storage and organization products, such as lever-arch binders, sheet protectors, and indexes; stapling, punching, laminating, binding, and shredding products; do-it-yourself tools; and computer accessories and others, which are primarily used in schools, homes, and businesses. The company offers its products primarily under the AT-A-GLANCE, Five Star, GBC, Hilroy, Kensington, Mead, Quartet, Swingline, Derwent, Esselte, Leitz, NOBO, Rapid, Rexel, Artline, Marbig, Tilibra, and Wilson Jones brands. ACCO Brands Corporation markets and sells its products through various channels, including mass retailers; e-tailers; discount, drug/grocery, and variety chains; warehouse clubs; hardware and specialty stores; independent office product dealers; office superstores; and contract stationers, as well as sells products directly to commercial and consumer end-users through its e-commerce platform and direct sales organization. The company is headquartered in Lake Zurich, Illinois.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that ACCO Brands Corporation’s score is 0.81) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.