American Axle & Manufact. Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:AXL)
December 7th, 2018
Amidst falling markets American Axle & Manufact. Holdings, Inc. finished Friday’s trading session down 5.43%, a $0.65 decrease to close on $11.33. As well as the drop in value, American Axle & Manufact. Holdings, Inc. hit a new 52 week low of $11.22, breaking the previous low of $11.26 from earlier this September. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.46.
AXL was outperformed by the rest of the Consumer Discretionary sector which went down just 3.08%.
Forecasts from 9 analysts indicates that American Axle & Manufact. Holdings, Inc. could rise significantly (38%), while Finbox has calculated (with high uncertainty) a fair value price of $18.04.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (0.40%), while Information Technology saw the biggest drop (3.53%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 12%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector falling 12%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 2.33%, as it went up 0.40%. Real Estate saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 2.84% trading down 1.44%.
- Utilities went up with a 0.40% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.64% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -1.29% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -1.44% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.84% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -2.09% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.51% change.
- Materials went down with a -2.54% change.
- Industrials went down with a -2.62% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -3.08% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -3.53% change.
American Axle is based in Detroit, United States of America. American Axle was founded in 1994.
American Axle & Manufact. Holdings, Inc. Info
American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, engineers, validates, and manufactures driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting products. The company’s Driveline segment offers axles, driveshafts, power transfer units, rear drive modules, transfer cases, and electric and hybrid driveline products and systems for light trucks, sport utility vehicles, crossover vehicles, passenger cars, and commercial vehicles. Its Metal Forming segment provides axle and transmission shafts, ring and pinion gears, differential gears, transmission gears and shafts, and suspension components for original equipment manufacturers and automotive suppliers. The company’s Powertrain segment offers transmission module and differential assemblies, transmission valve bodies, connecting rod forging and assemblies, torsional vibration dampers, and variable valve timing products for original equipment manufacturers and automotive suppliers. Its Casting segment produces thin wall castings and high strength ductile iron castings, as well as differential cases, steering knuckles, control arms, brackets, and turbo charger housings for the light vehicle, commercial, and industrial markets. The company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, South America, China, Europe, other Asian countries, and internationally. American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in Detroit, Michigan.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that American Axle & Manufact. Holdings, Inc.’s score is 1.46) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.