Adient PLC (NYSE:ADNT)
December 12th, 2018
Amidst rising markets Adient PLC fell $0.28 Wednesday, a 1.48% decline, closing at $18.68. As well as the drop in value, Adient PLC hit a new 52 week low of $18.52, breaking the previous low of $18.67 from earlier this month. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.78.
ADNT was outperformed by the rest of the Consumer Discretionary sector which went up 1.05%.
Results from 12 analysts points to the possibility that Adient PLC might (), while Finbox has calculated (with very high uncertainty) a fair value price of $23.12.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Consumer Discretionary saw the biggest increase of the day (1.05%), while Real Estate saw the biggest drop (1.89%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 10%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector dropping 15%.
Consumer Discretionary saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -6.13%, as it went up 1.05%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 1.05% trading down 0.58%.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 1.05% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.95% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.86% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.82% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.79% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.54% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.44% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.32% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.16% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.58% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -1.89% change.
Adient PLC Info
Adient plc designs, manufactures, and markets a range of seating systems and components for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, and light trucks. The company operates through two segments, Seating and Interiors. The Seating segment produces automotive seat metal structures and mechanisms, foams, trims, fabrics, and seat systems. The Interiors segment produces instrument panels, floor consoles, door panels, overhead consoles, cockpit systems, decorative trims, and other products. The company operates in the Americas, Europe, China, and internationally. Adient plc was incorporated in 2016 and is based in Dublin, Ireland.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Adient PLC’s score is 1.78) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.