Adient PLC (NYSE:ADNT)
December 14th, 2018
Amidst falling markets Adient PLC fell $0.34 Friday, a 1.84% decline, closing at $18.16. As well as the drop in value, Adient PLC hit a new 52 week low of $17.80, breaking the previous low of $18.22 from earlier this month. Adient PLC swung 8.15% between high and low. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.77.
ADNT outperformed the rest of the Consumer Discretionary sector which went down only 1.97% today.
Forecasts from 12 analysts suggest that Adient PLC could go up significantly (43%), while Finbox has calculated (with very high uncertainty) a fair value price of $24.29.
Friday saw a downward swing in all sectors of the market with Healthcare seeing the biggest drop at 3.37% drop. Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 11%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector falling 15%.
Consumer Staples and Utilities saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Consumer Staples with a drop of 1.91%.
- Real Estate went down with a -0.21% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.26% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.82% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -1.02% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.02% change.
- Industrials went down with a -1.44% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -1.91% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -1.97% change.
- Energy went down with a -2.38% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -2.48% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -3.37% change.
Adient PLC Info
Adient plc designs, manufactures, and markets a range of seating systems and components for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, and light trucks. The company operates through two segments, Seating and Interiors. The Seating segment produces automotive seat metal structures and mechanisms, foams, trims, fabrics, and seat systems. The Interiors segment produces instrument panels, floor consoles, door panels, overhead consoles, cockpit systems, decorative trims, and other products. The company operates in the Americas, Europe, China, and internationally. Adient plc was incorporated in 2016 and is based in Dublin, Ireland.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Adient PLC’s score is 1.77) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.