News Corp Class B (NWS)
December 19th, 2018
With markets going up News Corp Class B fell $0.11 Tuesday which equals a 0.90% decline, closing at $12.16. As well as the drop in value, News Corp Class B hit a new 52 week low of $12.06, breaking the previous low of $12.19 from earlier this month. In addition to the stock finishing lower, the trading volumes were only 0.00% of normal which could be an indication of investor uncertainty.
News Corp Class B is listed on the S&P 500 index, and was one of 259 stocks that slumped today. Weighted by market cap, NWS represents about 0.03% of the S&P 500.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Consumer Discretionary saw the biggest increase of the day (1.03%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (2.35%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 4.26%. The biggest loss this year has been the Energy sector declining 18%.
Consumer Discretionary saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -3.17%, as it went up 1.03%.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 1.03% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.95% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.86% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.62% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.58% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.56% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.48% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.64% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.80% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -1.17% change.
- Energy went down with a -2.35% change.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.