Infinera Corp. (Nasdaq:INFN)
December 22nd, 2018
Amidst falling markets Infinera Corp. fell $0.19 Friday, down 4.92%, closing at $3.67. As well as the drop in value, Infinera Corp. hit a new 52 week low of $3.54, breaking the previous low of $3.75 from earlier this month. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.49.
INFN was outperformed by the rest of the Information Technology sector which went down just 2.99%.
Saturday saw a downward swing in all sectors of the market with Communication Services seeing the biggest drop at 3.07% drop. Utilities has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 2.24%. The biggest loss this year has been the Energy sector declining 22%.
- Utilities went down with a -0.71% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.95% change.
- Energy went down with a -1.05% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -1.09% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -1.42% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -1.58% change.
- Industrials went down with a -1.93% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.96% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -2.58% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -2.99% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -3.07% change.
Infinera is based in Sunnyvale, United States of America. Infinera was founded in 2000.
Infinera Corp. Info
Infinera Corporation provides optical transport networking solutions, equipment, and software and services worldwide. The company’s product portfolio consists of Infinera DTN-X Family of terabit-class transport network platforms, including the XTC Series, XTS Series, and XT Series; Infinera DTN-X XTC series multi-terabit packet optical transport platforms that integrate digital OTN switching and optical WDM transmission; and Infinera DTN-X XT series for terrestrial applications and XTS series for subsea applications. It also provides Infinera XTM Series packet-optical transport platform that enables high-performance metro networks with service-aware, application-specific capabilities; and Infinera Cloud Xpress Family designed to meet the varying needs of ICPs, communication service providers, Internet exchange service providers, enterprises, and other large-scale data center operators. In addition, the company offers Infinera FlexILS open line system platform that connects various Infinera and third-party terminal equipment platforms over long-distance fiber optic cable providing switching, multiplexing, amplification, and management channels. Further, it provides software solutions, including Xceed Software Suite that address long-haul, subsea, and metro networks, as well as a range of support services for all hardware and software products. The company also serves telecommunications service providers, Internet content providers, cable providers, wholesale and enterprise carriers, research and education institutions, enterprise customers, and government entities. It markets and sells its products and related support services primarily through its direct sales force. The company was formerly known as Zepton Networks. Infinera Corporation was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Infinera Corp.’s score is 0.49) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.