Adient PLC (NYSE:ADNT)
December 26th, 2018
With markets going up Adient PLC closed Wednesday up 1.61%, a $0.26 increase to close on $16.44. Despite ending the day higher, Adient PLC hit a new 52 week low of $15.57, breaking the previous low of $15.87 from earlier this month. Adient PLC swung 6.62% between low and high. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.75.
ADNT was outperformed by the rest of the Consumer Discretionary sector which went up 6.28%.
Expectations from 13 analysts suggest that Adient PLC might go up significantly (56%), while Finbox has calculated (with very high uncertainty) a fair value price of $23.38.
Wednesday saw a swing up in all sectors of the market with Consumer Discretionary charging ahead with a 6.28% gain. Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 2.12%. The biggest loss this year has been the Energy sector dropping 21%.
Consumer Discretionary saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -3.04%, as it went up 6.28%.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 6.28% change.
- Energy went up with a 6.24% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 6.05% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 5.39% change.
- Industrials went up with a 4.80% change.
- Financials went up with a 4.65% change.
- Materials went up with a 4.62% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 4.54% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 3.26% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 2.84% change.
- Utilities went up with a 1.56% change.
Adient PLC Info
Adient plc designs, manufactures, and markets a range of seating systems and components for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, and light trucks. The company operates through two segments, Seating and Interiors. The Seating segment produces automotive seat metal structures and mechanisms, foams, trims, fabrics, and seat systems. The Interiors segment produces instrument panels, floor consoles, door panels, overhead consoles, cockpit systems, decorative trims, and other products. The company operates in the Americas, Europe, China, and internationally. Adient plc was incorporated in 2016 and is based in Dublin, Ireland.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Adient PLC’s score is 1.75) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.