NASDAQ Leads The Way, Up 1.29%
Markets were up today with all three major indices finishing the day higher. NASDAQ saw the strongest performance with an increase of 91.40 points (1.29%) to 7164.86, while S&P 500 Index and DOW went up 0.85% and 0.75% respectively.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Materials saw the biggest increase of the day (1.92%), while Utilities saw the biggest drop (1.33%). Energy has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 8.30%.
Communication Services saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -0.80%, as it went up 1.01%. Utilities and Consumer Staples saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Utilities with a drop of 1.33%.
- Materials went up with a 1.92% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 1.45% change.
- Industrials went up with a 1.29% change.
- Energy went up with a 1.18% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 1.18% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 1.05% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 1.01% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.85% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.14% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.24% change.
- Utilities went down with a -1.33% change.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US News Tribune. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site.