Indices stable, with DOW up 51.74 points
DOW closed trading at 24579.96, up 0.21%, while S&P 500 Index traded lower, down 0.18%, ending the day at 2638.98. Meanwhile, NASDAQ went down 0.81% finishing at 7028.29.
The market sectors were mixed Tuesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Industrials saw the biggest increase of the day (1.37%), while Communication Services saw the biggest drop (1.06%). Financials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 8.73%.
Industrials saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.07%, as it went up 1.37%. Communication Services and Information Technology saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Communication Services with a drop of 1.06%.
- Industrials went up with a 1.37% change.
- Materials went up with a 1.01% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.79% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.47% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.32% change.
- Utilities went up with a 0.29% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.16% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.30% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -0.82% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -1.01% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -1.06% change.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US News Tribune. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site.