AES Corp (NYSE:AES)
January 30th, 2019
Amidst rising markets AES Corp closed the day up $0.26 Wednesday which equals a 1.62% increase, closing at $16.29. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $16.36. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.70. The next earnings report is expected in approximately 27 days.
AES outperformed the rest of the Utilities sector which went up 0.65% today.
AES Corp is listed on the S&P 500 index, and was one of 390 stocks that rose today. Weighted by market cap, AES represents about 0.04% of the S&P 500.
Expectations from 9 analysts indicates that AES Corp could increase somewhat (1.89%).
Wednesday saw a swing up in all sectors of the market with Information Technology leading the pack with a 3.03% increase. Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 9.16%.
Healthcare saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.27%, as it went up 1.36%.
- Information Technology went up with a 3.03% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 2.16% change.
- Industrials went up with a 1.55% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 1.36% change.
- Energy went up with a 1.33% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 1.23% change.
- Materials went up with a 1.02% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.83% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.74% change.
- Utilities went up with a 0.65% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.43% change.
AES Corp Info
The AES Corporation operates as a diversified power generation and utility company. It owns and/or operates power plants to generate and sell power to customers, such as utilities, industrial users, and other intermediaries. The company also owns and/or operates utilities to generate or purchase, distribute, transmit, and sell electricity to end-user customers in the residential, commercial, industrial, and governmental sectors; and generates and sells electricity on the wholesale market. It uses a range of fuels to generate electricity, including natural gas, coal, pet coke, diesel, and oil, as well as renewables, such as hydro, solar, wind, energy storage, biomass, and landfill gas. The company owns and/or operates a generation portfolio of approximately 34,905 megawatts. It has operations in the United States, Chile, Colombia, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, Europe, and Asia. The company was formerly known as Applied Energy Services, Inc. and changed its name to The AES Corporation in April 2000. The AES Corporation was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that AES Corp’s score is 0.70) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.