Indices stable, with NASDAQ up 98.66 points
NASDAQ closed trading at 7281.74, up 1.37%, while S&P 500 Index traded higher, up 0.96%, ending the day at 2706.90. Meanwhile, DOW went down 0.06% finishing at 24999.67.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Communication Services saw the biggest increase of the day (3.74%), while Materials saw the biggest drop (1.54%). Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 11%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -0.38%, as it went up 2.10%. Materials and Financials experienced turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Materials with a drop of 1.54%.
- Communication Services went up with a 3.74% change.
- Utilities went up with a 2.10% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 1.82% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 1.22% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 1.10% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.94% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.71% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.46% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -0.12% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.26% change.
- Materials went down with a -1.54% change.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US News Tribune. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site.