NASDAQ Leads The Way, Up 0.74%
Markets were up today with all three major indices finishing the day higher. NASDAQ saw the strongest performance with an increase of 54.55 points (0.74%) to 7402.08, while DOW and S&P 500 Index went up 0.68% and 0.47% respectively.
The market sectors were mixed Tuesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Consumer Discretionary saw the biggest increase of the day (0.96%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (-0.14%). Energy has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13.25%.
Financials and Healthcare experienced turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Financials with a drop of -0.14%.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.96% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.91% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.88% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.88% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.80% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.60% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.17% change.
- Utilities went up with a 0.12% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.02% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.08% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.14% change.
Stocks that hit their 52 week high today
- Boeing Co (BA) ended the day at $410.18
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US News Tribune. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site.