NASDAQ Close Down 26.80 Points
The market finished lower for all three major indices, as NASDAQ saw a drop of 0.36%, closing at 7375.28 dragging S&P 500 Index and DOW down with it. S&P 500 Index closed down 0.25% at 2730.99, while DOW closed at 25390.30, down 0.08%.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Healthcare saw the biggest increase of the day (0.36%), while Communication Services saw the biggest drop (-1.49%). Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 14.02%.
Communication Services and Energy both saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Communication Services with a drop of -1.49%.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.36% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.24% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.06% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.02% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.10% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.27% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -0.51% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.68% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -0.76% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.77% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -1.49% change.
Stocks that hit their 52 week high today
- Boeing Co (BA) ended the day at $411.11
- Procter & Gamble Co (PG) ended the day at $97.92
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US News Tribune. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site.