New bill introduced: To re-establish certain hydraulic fracturing chemical disclosure rules, standards for well construction, and waste management rules, and for other purposes.
Democratic Representative Darren Soto from the state of FL, along with five cosponsors, introduced bill H.R.436 on Jan 10, 2019. The bill is mainly related to these subjects Congressional oversight, Department of the Interior, Business records, Air quality, Water quality, Government information and archives, Environmental assessment, monitoring, research, Administrative law and regulatory procedures, Alternative and renewable resources, Indian lands and resources rights, Licensing and registrations, Solid waste and recycling, Water use and supply, Oil and gas, Mining, Hazardous wastes and toxic substances, Land use and conservation, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Environmental regulatory procedures, Emergency medical services and trauma care, Government studies and investigations and Environmental Protection. There is one related bill by Yvette D. Clarke titled “BREATHE ActTo amend the Clean Air Act to eliminate the exemption for aggregation of emissions from oil and gas sources, and for other purposes..”
There are currently no amendments. The bill’s cosponsors are all Democrats. So far none of the bill’s cosponsors has withdrawn their support.
- To amend the Clean Air Act to eliminate the exemption for aggregation of emissions from oil and gas sources, and for other purposes., by Yvette D. Clarke
Darren Soto Short bio
Darren Soto has held a number of positions, including Member of the Florida House of Representatives, member of the State Senate of Florida and United States representative.
Darren Soto’s Work in Congress
- Served as Representative for FL (district 9) from Jan 2019 to Jan 2021 in the House 116th congress. He voted along party lines 97.33 percent of the time. He served on the Committee on Natural Resources and the Committee on Energy and Commerce. During this period Darren Soto missed 0% of the votes, sponsored 12 bills, cosponsored 88 bills.
- Served as Representative for FL (district 9) from Jan 2017 to Jan 2019 in the House 115th congress. He voted along party lines 94.86 percent of the time. He served on the Committee on Agriculture and the Committee on Natural Resources. During this period Darren Soto missed 0.41% of the votes, sponsored 34 bills, cosponsored 748 bills.
- FaceBook page of Darren Soto – CongressmanDarrenSoto
- Officiel Website of Darren Soto
- Twitter page of Darren Soto – RepDarrenSoto
- Office Address: 1507 Longworth House Office Building
- Phone: 202-225-9889