SBA Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:SBAC)
February 11th, 2019
SBA Communications Corporation closed Monday up 0.41%, a $0.75 increase to close on $183.97. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $184.98. It’s expected that SBA Communications Corporation will report earnings within the next couple of weeks. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.75.
SBAC outperformed the rest of the Real Estate sector which went up 0.23% today.
SBA Communications Corporation is listed on the S&P 500 index, and was one of 306 stocks that increased today. Weighted by market cap, SBAC represents about 0.07% of the S&P 500.
Results from 17 analysts indicates that SBA Communications Corporation might grow somewhat (0.87%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $167.66.
The market sectors were mixed Monday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Industrials saw the biggest increase of the day (0.55%), while Communication Services saw the biggest drop (-0.63%). Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13.91%.
Energy saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -2.98%, as it went up 0.46%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 1.70% trading down -0.08%.
- Industrials went up with a 0.55% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.46% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.25% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.23% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.21% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.19% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.18% change.
- Information Technology stayed even with a 0.00% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.08% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.13% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.63% change.
SBA Communications Corporation Info
SBA Communications Corporation is a first choice provider and leading owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure in North, Central, and South America. By “Building Better Wireless,” SBA generates revenue from two primary businesses – site leasing and site development services. The primary focus of the Company is the leasing of antenna space on its multi-tenant communication sites to a variety of wireless service providers under long-term lease contracts.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that SBA Communications Corporation’s score is 0.75) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.