Indices stable, with NASDAQ up 9.71 points
NASDAQ closed trading at 7307.91, up 0.13%, while S&P 500 Index traded higher, up 0.07%, ending the day at 2709.76. Meanwhile, DOW went down 0.21% finishing at 25053.11.
The market sectors were mixed Monday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Industrials saw the biggest increase of the day (0.55%), while Communication Services saw the biggest drop (-0.63%). Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13.28%.
Energy saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -3.25%, as it went up 0.46%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 2.00% trading down -0.08%.
- Industrials went up with a 0.55% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.46% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.25% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.23% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.21% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.19% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.18% change.
- Information Technology stayed even with a 0.00% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.08% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.13% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.63% change.
Stocks that hit their 52 week high today
- Procter & Gamble Co (PG) ended the day at $98.27
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US News Tribune. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site.