Wright Medical Group NV (Nasdaq:WMGI)
February 11th, 2019
Wright Medical Group NV closed Monday up 0.79%, a $0.24 increase to close on $30.60. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $31.00. In addition to finishing higher, trading volumes were solid at 260.00% of normal which can indicate investors see opportunities. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.74. The next earnings report is expected in approximately 15 days.
Analysis results from 16 analysts indicates that Wright Medical Group NV could rise quite a bit (11.79%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $26.18.
The market sectors were mixed Monday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Industrials saw the biggest increase of the day (0.55%), while Communication Services saw the biggest drop (-0.63%). Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13.91%.
Energy saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -2.98%, as it went up 0.46%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 1.70% trading down -0.08%.
- Industrials went up with a 0.55% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.46% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.25% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.23% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.21% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.19% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.18% change.
- Information Technology stayed even with a 0.00% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.08% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.13% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.63% change.
Wright Medical Group NV Info
Wright Medical Group N.V., a medical device company, designs, manufactures, markets, and sells extremities and biologics products. The company offers joint implants and bone fixation devices for the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, foot, and ankle; and biologics products that are used for supporting the treatment of damaged or diseased bones, tendons, and soft tissues, as well as to stimulate bone growth. It also provides sports medicines and other products to mechanically repair tissue-to-tissue or tissue-to-bone injuries, as well as other ancillary products. The company primarily offers its products to orthopaedic, trauma, and podiatric surgeons. It markets and sells its products through direct sales representatives and independent sales agencies in the United States, as well as direct sales offices and distributors in approximately 50 countries. The company was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Wright Medical Group NV’s score is 0.74) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.