TerraForm Power Inc (Nasdaq:TERP)
February 11th, 2019
TerraForm Power Inc closed Monday up 1.15%, a $0.14 increase to close on $12.29. As well as rising, TERP closed the day setting a new 52 week record. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $12.29. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.26. The next earnings report is expected in approximately 23 days.
TERP outperformed the rest of the Utilities sector which went down -0.08% today.
Results from 10 analysts points to the possibility that TerraForm Power Inc might increase somewhat (1.65%).
The market sectors were mixed Monday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Industrials saw the biggest increase of the day (0.55%), while Communication Services saw the biggest drop (-0.63%). Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13.91%.
Energy saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -2.98%, as it went up 0.46%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 1.70% trading down -0.08%.
- Industrials went up with a 0.55% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.46% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.25% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.23% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.21% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.19% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.18% change.
- Information Technology stayed even with a 0.00% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.08% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.13% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.63% change.
TerraForm Power Inc Info
TerraForm Power, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, owns and operates clean power generation assets. As of December 31, 2017, its portfolio consisted of solar and wind projects located in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Chile with a combined nameplate capacity of 2,606.4 megawatts. The company was formerly known as SunEdison Yieldco, Inc. and changed its name to TerraForm Power, Inc. in May 2014. TerraForm Power, Inc. was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in New York, New York.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that TerraForm Power Inc’s score is 0.26) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.