New bill introduced: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to include armor-piercing, concealable weapons within the definition of “firearm” under the National Firearms Act, and for other purposes.
Democratic Representative Val Demings from the state of FL, along with two cosponsors, introduced bill H.R.1297 on Feb 15, 2019.
There are currently no amendments. The bill’s cosponsors are all Democrats. So far none of the bill’s cosponsors has withdrawn their support.
Val Demings Short bio
Val Demings was born on a 1957 in Jacksonville.
Val Demings History in Congress
- Served as Representative for FL (district 10) from Jan 2019 to Jan 2021 in the House 116th congress. She voted along party lines 97.7 percent of the time. She served on the Committee on Homeland Security, the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the Committee on the Judiciary. During this period Val Demings missed 0% of the votes, sponsored 3 bills, cosponsored 62 bills.
- Served as Representative for FL (district 10) from Jan 2017 to Jan 2019 in the House 115th congress. She voted along party lines 94.39 percent of the time. She served on the Committee on the Judiciary, the Committee on Oversight and Reform and the Committee on Homeland Security. During this period Val Demings missed 1.4% of the votes, sponsored 9 bills, cosponsored 340 bills.
- FaceBook page of Val Demings – RepresentativeValDemings
- Officiel Website of Val Demings
- Twitter page of Val Demings – RepValDemings
- UCkcshqwFNJG6XeduOforhig YouTube channel of Val Demings
- Office Address: 217 Cannon House Office Building
- Phone: 202-225-2176