PHI INC/SH (Nasdaq:PHII)
March 15th, 2019
With markets going up PHI INC/SH finished Friday’s trading session down 32.60%, a ($1.34) decrease to close on $2.77. PHI INC/SH bounced 43.68% between high and low. Two technical ‘scores’ for companies to be wary of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. PHII scored quite low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is 0.70, and the Piotroski Score is 2). Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 216.00% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities.
PHII was outperformed by the rest of the Energy sector which went down only -0.08%.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Information Technology saw the biggest increase of the day (1.22%), while Real Estate saw the biggest drop (-0.38%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 16.35%.
Real Estate and Industrials saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Real Estate with a drop of -0.38%.
- Information Technology went up with a 1.22% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.71% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.64% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.50% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.49% change.
- Utilities went up with a 0.47% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.20% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.01% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.08% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.25% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -0.38% change.
PHI INC/SH Info
PHI, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides transportation services to, from, and among offshore facilities for customers in the oil and gas exploration, development, and production industry in the United States and internationally. It operates through three business segments: Oil and Gas, Air Medical, and Technical Services. The Oil and Gas segment provides helicopter services primarily for the integrated and independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, and other offshore oil service companies for routine transportation of personnel and equipment, transportation of personnel during medical and safety emergencies, and evacuation of personnel during the threat of hurricanes and other adverse weather conditions. The Air Medical segment provides air medical transportation services for hospitals and emergency service agencies in 18 states. The Technical Services segment provides helicopter repair and overhaul services for flight operations customers, as well as operates aircraft for the National Science Foundation in Antarctica. It also provides software as a service to certain of its oil and gas customers for passenger check-in and compliance verification. As of December 31, 2017, the company owned or operated 245 aircraft, including 133 dedicated to Oil and Gas operations, 106 dedicated to Air Medical operations, and 6 dedicated to Technical Services operations. PHI, Inc. was founded in 1949 and is headquartered in Lafayette, Louisiana.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that PHI INC/SH’s score is 0.70) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (PHI INC/SH’s score is 2), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.