Recro Pharma Inc (Nasdaq:REPH)
March 25th, 2019
Recro Pharma Inc fell ($3.28) Monday which equals a 33.85% decline, closing at $6.41. Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 1,301.00% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be -0.93.
Forecasts from 5 analysts indicates that Recro Pharma Inc might grow significantly (58.93%), while Finbox has calculated (with very high uncertainty) a fair value price of $16.28.
The market sectors were mixed Monday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Consumer Discretionary saw the biggest increase of the day (0.56%), while Information Technology saw the biggest drop (-0.40%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 18.24%.
Industrials saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.52%, as it went up 0.24%. Information Technology and Consumer Staples both saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Information Technology with a drop of -0.40%.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.56% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.24% change.
- Utilities went up with a 0.12% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.06% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.01% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.01% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.07% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.16% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.19% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.39% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -0.40% change.
Recro Pharma Inc Info
Recro Pharma, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, engages in developing non-opioid products for the treatment of acute pain primarily in the United States. The company’s lead product candidate includes injectable meloxicam, which completed pivotal phase III clinical trials for the treatment of post-operative pain. It also develops Dex-IN, an intranasal formulation of dexmedetomidine for treating post-operative pain and peri-procedural pain; two novel neuromuscular blocking agents and a related proprietary chemical reversal agent; and Fadolmidine for use in as human therapeutic. The company also provides contract development and manufacturing services. Recro Pharma, Inc. has a license agreement with Orion Corporation for the development and commercialization of Dexmedetomidine. It focuses on offering its products for hospitals and related markets. The company was formerly known as Recro Pharma I, Inc. and changed its name to Recro Pharma, Inc. in August 2008. Recro Pharma, Inc. was founded in 2007 and is based in Malvern, Pennsylvania.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Recro Pharma Inc’s score is -0.93) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.