Discovery Inc Series B (Nasdaq:DISCB)
April 23rd, 2019
Discovery Inc Series B neither rose nor fell during ‘s trading, but stayed put at $35.50. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.36.
DISCB was outperformed by the rest of the Communication Services sector which went up 0.85%.
Expectations from 1 analyst points to the possibility that Discovery Inc Series B could drop somewhat (-15.49%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $34.76.
The market sectors were mixed Tuesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Healthcare saw the biggest increase of the day (1.59%), while Consumer Staples saw the biggest drop (-0.12%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 25.74%. The biggest loss this year has been the Healthcare sector declining -0.69%.
Healthcare saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -4.33%, as it went up 1.59%. Consumer Staples saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 0.92% trading down -0.12%.
- Healthcare went up with a 1.59% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 1.22% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 1.13% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 1.12% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.89% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.85% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.58% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.44% change.
- Utilities went up with a 0.37% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.04% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.12% change.
Discovery Inc Series B Info
Discovery, Inc. operates as a media company worldwide. The company operates through two segments, U.S. Networks and International Networks. The company owns and operates various television networks under the Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Science Channel, MotorTrend, Food Network, HGTV, Travel Channel, TVN, DIY Network, Cooking Channel, Discovery Family Channel, American Heroes Channel, Destination America, Discovery Life, Discovery en Espanol, Discovery Familia, Great American Country, the Oprah Winfrey Network, Eurosport, Discovery Kids, DMAX, and Discovery Home & Health brands, as well as other regional television networks. Its content spans genres, including survival, exploration, sports, lifestyle, general entertainment, home, food and travel, heroes, adventure, crime and investigation, health, and kids. The company also operates production studios that develop and produce content; and digital products and Websites. It provides content through various distribution platforms comprising pay-television, free-to-air and broadcast television, authenticated GO applications, digital distribution arrangements, and content licensing agreements, as well as various platforms that include brand-aligned Websites, online streaming, mobile devices, video on demand, and broadband channels. As of December 31, 2018, the company operated approximately 400 distribution feeds in 50 languages internationally. Discovery, Inc. was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Discovery Inc Series B’s score is 1.36) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.