Achaogen Inc (Nasdaq:AKAO)
April 23rd, 2019
Amidst rising markets Achaogen Inc fell ($0.01) Tuesday, a 9.80% decline, closing at $0.14. As well as the drop in value, Achaogen Inc hit a new 52 week low of $0.13, breaking the previous low of $0.15 from earlier this month. Achaogen Inc bounced 23.08% between low and high. Two technical ‘scores’ for companies to be aware of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. AKAO scored rather low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is -16.92, and the Piotroski Score is 2).
The market sectors were mixed Tuesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Healthcare saw the biggest increase of the day (1.59%), while Consumer Staples saw the biggest drop (-0.12%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 25.74%. The biggest loss this year has been the Healthcare sector declining -0.69%.
Healthcare saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -4.33%, as it went up 1.59%. Consumer Staples saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 0.92% trading down -0.12%.
- Healthcare went up with a 1.59% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 1.22% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 1.13% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 1.12% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.89% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.85% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.58% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.44% change.
- Utilities went up with a 0.37% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.04% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.12% change.
Achaogen Inc Info
Achaogen, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of antibacterial agents for multi-drug resistant (MDR) gram-negative infections in the United States. The company is principally developing plazomicin for the treatment of serious bacterial infections due to MDR enterobacteriaceae comprising carbapenem-resistant enterobacteriaceae. It is also involved in the development of antibacterial candidate C-Scape, an orally-administered combination of clavulanate and ceftibuten, which targets serious bacterial infections due to expanded spectrum beta-lactamases producing enterobacteriaceae. The company has license and collaboration agreements with Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. to develop and commercialize an assay to support plazomicin; Crystal Biosciences, Inc. to discover monoclonal antibodies against multiple targets; Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for certain patents relating to aminoglycoside antibacterial compounds and related know-how to develop and commercialize certain novel aminoglycoside antibacterial compounds; and Hovione Limited to manufacture the active pharmaceutical ingredient for plazomicin. The company was incorporated in 2002 and is based in South San Francisco, California.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Achaogen Inc’s score is -16.92) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Achaogen Inc’s score is 2), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.