Kona Grill Inc (Nasdaq:KONA)
April 23rd, 2019
With markets going up Kona Grill Inc finished Tuesday’s trading session down 15.22%, a ($0.04) decrease to close on $0.23. Sadly, in addition to dropping KONA ended up closing the day at a new 52 week low.As well as the drop in value, Kona Grill Inc hit a new 52 week low of $0.23, breaking the previous low of $0.25 from earlier this month. Kona Grill Inc swung 26.09% between high and low. Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 234.00% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be -0.23.
KONA was outperformed by the rest of the Consumer Discretionary sector which went up 1.22%.
The market sectors were mixed Tuesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Healthcare saw the biggest increase of the day (1.59%), while Consumer Staples saw the biggest drop (-0.12%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 25.74%. The biggest loss this year has been the Healthcare sector falling -0.69%.
Healthcare saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -4.33%, as it went up 1.59%. Consumer Staples saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 0.92% trading down -0.12%.
- Healthcare went up with a 1.59% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 1.22% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 1.13% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 1.12% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.89% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.85% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.58% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.44% change.
- Utilities went up with a 0.37% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.04% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.12% change.
Kona Grill Inc Info
Kona Grill, Inc. owns and operates upscale casual restaurants under the Kona Grill brand name. As of December 31, 2017, it owned and operated 46 restaurants in 23 states of the United States and Puerto Rico; and 3 franchised restaurants in Mexico, the United Arab Emirates, and Canada. The company is based in Scottsdale, Arizona.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Kona Grill Inc’s score is -0.23) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.