Crown Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:CCK)
May 15th, 2019
With markets going up Crown Holdings, Inc. closed Wednesday up 1.12%, a $0.67 increase to close on $60.54. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $60.90. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.75.
CCK outperformed the rest of the Materials sector which went down -0.24% today.
Forecasts from 14 analysts suggest that Crown Holdings, Inc. might rise somewhat (7.87%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $67.00.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Communication Services saw the biggest increase of the day (2.11%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (-0.48%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 19.93%.
Communication Services saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -2.60%, as it went up 2.11%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 0.47% trading down -0.13%.
- Communication Services went up with a 2.11% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.98% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.80% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.78% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.64% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.46% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.27% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.12% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.13% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.24% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.48% change.
Crown Holdings, Inc. Info
Crown Holdings, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells packaging products and equipment for consumer goods and industrial products in the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. It offers products for consumer goods, including steel and aluminum cans for food, beverage, household, and other consumer products; glass bottles for beverage product; and metal vacuum closures and steel crowns through its sales organization to the soft drink, food, citrus, brewing, household products, personal care, and various other industries. The company also provides products for industrial products, such as steel and plastic strap consumables and equipment, paper-based protective packaging, and plastic film consumables and equipment to metals, food and beverage, construction, agricultural, corrugated, and general industries. In addition, it offers aerosol cans and ends; and promotional and specialty packaging containers with various lid and closure variations. Further, the company provides industrial film and other related products; transit protection products, such as airbags, edge protectors, and honeycombs; and equipment and tools, such as manual, semi-automatic, and automatic equipment and tools used in end of line manufacturing applications to apply consumables. Crown Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1927 and is headquartered in Yardley, Pennsylvania.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Crown Holdings, Inc.’s score is 1.75) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.