Hilton Hotels Corporation Common Stock (NYSE:HLT)
May 15th, 2019
Amidst rising markets Hilton Hotels Corporation Common Stock went up $1.91 Wednesday, a 2.08% jump, closing at $93.65. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $94.00. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.97.
HLT outperformed the rest of the Consumer Discretionary sector which went up 0.78% today.
Hilton Hotels Corporation Common Stock is listed on the S&P 500 index, and was one of 319 stocks that rose today. Weighted by market cap, HLT represents about 0.11% of the S&P 500.
Results from 24 analysts suggest that Hilton Hotels Corporation Common Stock might go up somewhat (6.14%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $88.43.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Communication Services saw the biggest increase of the day (2.11%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (-0.48%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 19.93%.
Communication Services saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -2.60%, as it went up 2.11%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 0.47% trading down -0.13%.
- Communication Services went up with a 2.11% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.98% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.80% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.78% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.64% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.46% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.27% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.12% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.13% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.24% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.48% change.
Hilton Hotels Corporation Common Stock Info
Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc., a hospitality company, owns, leases, manages, develops, and franchises hotels and resorts. It operates through two segments, Management and Franchise, and Ownership. The company engages in the hotel management and licensing of its brands to franchisees. It operates hotels under the Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Motto by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton, Hilton Grand Vacations, and Signia Hilton brands. It operates in North America, South America, and Central America, including various Caribbean nations; Europe, the Middle East, and Africa; and the Asia Pacific. As of March 29, 2019, the company had approximately 5,600 properties with approximately 913,000 rooms in 113 countries and territories. Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. was founded in 1919 and is headquartered in McLean, Virginia.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Hilton Hotels Corporation Common Stock’s score is 0.97) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.