Amneal Pharmaceuticals Inc (NYSE:AMRX)
May 15th, 2019
With markets going up Amneal Pharmaceuticals Inc finished Wednesday’s trading session down 3.97%, a ($0.36) decrease to close on $8.71. As well as the drop in value, Amneal Pharmaceuticals Inc hit a new 52 week low of $8.23, breaking the previous low of $8.86 from earlier this month. Amneal Pharmaceuticals Inc bounced 10.57% between high and low. Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 269.00% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.95.
AMRX was outperformed by the rest of the Healthcare sector which went up 0.27%.
Expectations from 11 analysts points to the possibility that Amneal Pharmaceuticals Inc might grow significantly (31.94%), while Finbox has calculated (with very high uncertainty) a fair value price of $9.00.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Communication Services saw the biggest increase of the day (2.11%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (-0.48%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 21.11%.
Communication Services saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -0.19%, as it went up 2.11%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 1.74% trading down -0.13%.
- Communication Services went up with a 2.11% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.98% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.80% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.78% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.64% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.46% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.27% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.12% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.13% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.24% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.48% change.
Amneal Pharmaceuticals Inc Info
Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, develops, licenses, manufactures, markets, and distributes generic and specialty pharmaceutical products for various dosage forms and therapeutic areas. It operates through two segments, Generics and Specialty. The Generics segment develops, manufactures, and commercializes complex oral solids, injectables, ophthalmics, liquids, topicals, softgels, inhalation products, and transdermals across a range of therapeutic categories. The Specialty segment is involved in the development, manufacture, and sale of branded pharmaceutical products primarily for central nervous system disorders and parasitic infections. It also offers licensed and owned, niche, and mature branded products, as well as Rytary for the treatment of Parkinsons Disease; Zomig for the treatment of migraine headaches; Emverm a chewable tablets for the treatment of pinworm, whipworm, common roundworm, common hookworm, and American hookworm in single or mixed infections; and Unithroid for the treatment of hypothyroidism. The company has operations in the United States, Switzerland, India, Ireland, the United Kingdom and internationally. Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 2002 and is based in Bridgewater, New Jersey.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Amneal Pharmaceuticals Inc’s score is 0.95) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.