S&P 500 Index Breaks 52 Week Highs
Wednesday S&P 500 Index hit a new 52-week high. DOW finished the day at 26966.00 a 248.57 point (0.93%) increase. S&P 500 Index closed the day at 2995.82 after a new intraday 52-week high of 2995.84 during trading. That is a 22.81 point (0.77%) increase. NASDAQ finished the day at 8170.23 a 61.14 point (0.75%) increase.
Wednesday saw an upward swing in all sectors of the market with the Real Estate charging ahead with a 1.47% increase. Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain of 28.31%.
Utilities saw the biggest turn-around compared to its 5-day performance (-0.61%), as it went up by 0.85%.
- Real Estate, up 1.47%.
- Consumer Staples, up 1.36%.
- Healthcare, up 0.91%.
- Utilities, up 0.85%.
- Consumer Discretionary, up 0.75%.
- Communication Services, up 0.71%.
- Information Technology, up 0.68%.
- Energy, up 0.60%.
- Financials, up 0.59%.
- Industrials, up 0.52%.
- Materials, up 0.51%.
Stocks that hit their 52-week highs today
- The Coca-Cola Co (KO) ended the day at $52.10
- Mcdonald’s Corp (MCD) ended the day at $212.81
- Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK) ended the day at $86.90
- Procter & Gamble Co (PG) ended the day at $114.08
- Travelers Companies Inc (TRV) ended the day at $154.30
- Visa Inc (V) ended the day at $176.87
- Walmart Inc (WMT) ended the day at $112.32
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US News Tribune. MG does not offer financial advice, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, and news articles are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site.