NASDAQ, S&P 500 Index and DOW Break 52 Week Highs
Wednesday NASDAQ, S&P 500 Index and DOW hit new 52-week highs. NASDAQ closed the day at 8202.53 after reaching its 52-week high of 8228.60 during trading. That is a 60.80 point (0.75%) increase. S&P 500 Index closed the day at 2993.07 after setting a new intraday 52-week high of 3002.98 during trading. That is a 13.44 point (0.45%) increase. DOW closed the day at 26860.20 after setting a new intraday 52-week high of 26983.45 during trading. That is a 76.71 point (0.29%) increase.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Energy saw the biggest increase of the day (1.40%), while the Financials sector saw the biggest drop (-0.46%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain of 28.39%.
Energy saw the biggest turn-around compared to its 5-day performance (-0.86%), as it went up by 1.40%. Financials saw a turn-around from its 5-day performance of 0.51% trading down -0.46%.
- Energy, up 1.40%.
- Communication Services, up 1.26%.
- Information Technology, up 0.80%.
- Consumer Staples, up 0.74%.
- Real Estate, up 0.52%.
- Consumer Discretionary, up 0.39%.
- Healthcare, up 0.36%.
- Utilities, up 0.32%.
- Materials, down -0.19%.
- Industrials, down -0.29%.
- Financials, down -0.46%.
Stocks that hit their 52-week highs today
- American Express Company (AXP) ended the day at $126.89
- Walt Disney Co (DIS) ended the day at $143.54
- Mcdonald’s Corp (MCD) ended the day at $213.00
- Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) ended the day at $137.85
- Procter & Gamble Co (PG) ended the day at $113.75
- Travelers Companies Inc (TRV) ended the day at $153.33
- Visa Inc (V) ended the day at $179.31
- Walmart Inc (WMT) ended the day at $112.98
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US News Tribune. MG does not offer financial advice, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, and news articles are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site.